Monday, January 5, 2015

Bout of Books Read-A-Thon Final Update!

This is my final update for Bout of Books! I have had so much fun and met some new bloggers.

So how did I do on my goals?
  • read at least 5 books - check and check! My final tally for the week was nine!
  • update the blog every day - check!
  • do some challenges - check! 
  • participate in at least one Twitter chat - check!
  • spend at least 30 minutes a day reading blogs and commenting on them - check!
  • ENJOY reading!!!! I will NOT read a book I am not excited about. If I start one and can't get into it, I may just set it aside until after the read-a-thon. But I do not want reading to be a chore! - check! Well kind of. I wasn't a huge fan of Sweetness# 9, but I enjoyed everything else.
Here are my totals for the week:

Total Books Read: 9
Total Pages Read: 3030
Total Hours Reading: about 31 1/2 (so much!)
Total Challenges: 5 (I did the Bookshelf Scavenger Hunt, the Synopsis Challenge, the Book in Pictures Challenge, the In Six Words Challenge, and the Literary Quote Challenge.)
Total Twitter Chats: 1

You can see my progress from day to day below. This was a really fun challenge and I knocked some great books off my TBR! The next Bout of Books starts May 11. I hope you guys can join me on the next one!

Progress:

Monday
Books Read: 1
Total Books Read: 1
Pages read: 504
Hours Read: 5.8 hours
Notes: I got a lot of reading done today because of insomnia. Read from about 12:30 am until after almost 3:00 am.

Tuesday

Books Read: 2
Total Books Read: 3
Pages Read: 620
Hours Read: a little over 5 hours
Notes: Woke up at the crazy hour of 5:00 am and couldn't get back to sleep. More time to read, right? I read for almost the same amount of time as yesterday, but I read more pages. Probably because yesterday I was struggling with Sweetness #9. It was taking me forever to read it! So glad I am done with that one though.

Wednesday

Books Read: 2
Total Books Read: 5
Pages Read: 656
Hours Read: over 7 1/2 hours
Notes: So much reading today. Started reading You: A Novel and could NOT put it down. 

Thursday

Books Read: 1
Total Books Read: 6
Pages Read: 220
Hours Read: 3 1/2 hours
Notes: I spent way less time reading because I was so tired! I had stayed up way too late last night reading You (worth it). Still managed to finish a book though, mainly because it was a short one.

Friday

Books Read: 1
Total Books Read: 7
Pages Read: 404
Hours Read: 4
Notes: My husband came back from his trip today. I love him, but my reading time may go down a little.

Saturday
Books Read: 2
Total Books Read: 9
Pages Read: 576
Hours Read: Just short of 5 hours
Notes: I didn't mean to stay up late reading All the Bright Places, but it just kind of happened.

Sunday
Books Read: 0
Total Books Read: 9
Pages Read: 50
Hours Read: less than an hour (maybe 30 minutes)
Notes: I hardly read at all today. I think it was because I was so emotionally drained from All The Bright Places. I needed a break. I am still happy with what I have done this week though.

Books I have read during Bout of Books:

1.  The Chocolate Temptation by Laura Florand
2.  Sweetness #9 by Stephan Eirik Clark (click here for my review)
3.  Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
4.  Blue Asylum by Kathy Hepinstall (click here for my review)
5.  You: A Novel by Caroline Klepnes (click here for my review)
6.  Meet Me in Venice: A Chinese Immigrant's Journey from the Far East to the Faraway West by
Suzanne Ma (click here for my review)
7. Infinity + One by Amy Harmon
8. Brown Girl Dreaming by Jacqueline Woodson (click here for my review)
9. All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven (click here for my review)


How did you do with the Read-A-Thon?

29 comments :

  1. I don't think I will be participating in Bout of Books, but good luck, I hope you accomplish all of your goals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Breana. Maybe you can join the next one. :)

      Delete
  2. Oh, I hope you have lots of fun with this! I did Bout Of Books 11 and really enjoyed it, you can get so much reading done plus the posts are a blast! I'm not doing this one because I don't have enough time, but I hope to do the next one!

    Happy reading! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Nobody. This is my first one and I am really enjoying it so far! :)

      Delete
  3. 504 pages... :O You are amazing. I hope your insomnia goes away though. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margaret! Yeah, it sucks not to be able to sleep but at least that gives me time to read!

      Delete
  4. Sorry about the insomnia, but congrats on getting a lot of reading time! Here's how my Day One ended up. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Karsyn. Your Day One looked amazing!

      Delete
  5. I love Bout of Books! Lately the timing has not worked for me but look forward to participating again!
    Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on reading so much, but I hope your insomnia goes away! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woah, you sure are reading a lot! Did you like Fangirl?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES, Reviewing Shelf, I LOVED it!! I had read Eleanor and Park last year and fell in love with it so I had to read this one. I do think I liked Eleanor and Park just a little bit more. But this one was still pretty awesome.

      Delete
  8. I know how much insomnia sucks (I seem to get most of my reading done at odd hours myself), but it looks like you are making the most of it. You have made great progress this week and I'm sure you'll do even better once now that you are through the book you were struggling with.

    I'm behind where I want to be due to some family obligations, but that's ok. I'm hoping to finish my first read tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Tanya! I can understand about the family stuff. And I probably wouldn't even be reading so much if my husband weren't out of town. It's a lot easier with no one around to distract me. Good luck with finishing your book!

      Delete
  9. I have no idea how you managed to read for over 5 hours (or 7) almost each day. Kudos to you! You are doing pretty amazing so far with the read-a-thon.
    Veronica @ Mostly Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Veronica! I think the fact that my husband has been out of town has something to do with it. :)

      Delete
  10. Your doing great, keep it up! Some great books you are reading and some that I may have to add to my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Raquel. I have read some great books this challenge!

      Delete
  11. Wow you have done really well this week. I don't think I would have the attention span to read 7 books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracy. And now that the week is winding down, my attention span is dropping just a bit. Haha

      Delete
  12. 9 books, that is amazing! I've only read Fangirl from the books you've read. I've heard good things about Brown Girl Dreaming. How was it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emma, Brown Girl Dreaming was really good! I plan on posting a full review soon, but I just needed to get my thoughts together. It is one of those books I am afraid I may not do justice.

      Delete
  13. That is amazing girl, wow 9 books! I don't think I could ever read 9 books in a week...maybe if there were some short stories or graphic novels in there but you did really good. You are my hero! Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Racquel! It was a good week. :)

      Delete
  14. You did great with this read-a-thon! I'm thoroughly impressed. I didn't read nearly as much as you did, but I'm still proud of what I got accomplished. Unfortunately I missed the friggin' twitter chats AGAIN. Never seems to fail. Anyways, congrats on your productivity!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lyndsey! Sorry you missed the Twitter chats. Maybe next time? I wish I was able to attend more, but there were time zone issues. :) I'm glad you got a lot accomplished as well. :)

      Delete