Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award


So tomorrow I am leaving for a long weekend to Florence! I am so excited. I love the ease of traveling within Europe that comes with living in Naples, Italy. I will be back next Monday evening. I have a few posts and reviews scheduled to post, but unfortunately I won't be able to respond to any comments. I promise to respond as soon as I get back. And I hope you have lots of beautiful pictures for you guys!

Thank you so much Olivia and Sarah at Brewing up Books for nominating me for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award!

Rules:
  • Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their site.
  • Post the award's logo on your blog.
  • Answer the ten questions you have been asked.
  • Nominate ten bloggers.
  • Set ten new questions for your nominees.
Here were their questions:

1. If you could change the ending of one book, which book would you choose and why?

I am going to say Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell for this one. The ending was just so ambiguous. I want to know what happened with them!

2. One pairing that you completely disagree with.

I know that everyone loves this book, so please don't hate me but I will choose Bianca and Wesley from The DUFF by Kody Kiplinger. Nope, I don't get it. These people had sex with each other, despite the fact that they hated each other. And both characters annoyed me. Sorry, but I was not a fan of this book.

3. Where is your favorite place to read?

In bed for sure.

4. Favorite and least favorite book to movie adaptation?

Since I just read The Princess Bride for the first time, I am going to list that one as my favorite adaptation. I just love that movie! My least favorite is Twilight, definitely. I hated the casting choices and I just think the ruined the movie.

5. Most recent tear-jerker?

It's been a while since I have read a book that really made me cry. I guess the most recent was All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven. I stayed up until 2 am reading that one and I was a sobbing mess at the end of it.

6. What book stressed you out the most?

The Wayward Pines trilogy by Blake Crouch; the final one in the series was so suspenseful I had to stop reading it for a few minutes because my heart was pounding too fast. When I was done with the trilogy, I couldn't read anything else for weeks because I couldn't imagine what book could follow that one. And it's being made into a TV series starring Matt Dillon!! It comes to Fox this year!

7. If you could make a book into a movie, what would it be?

Oh wow, that is a tough question. Part of me kind of dreads when a book I love is going to be made into a movie because I am afraid they would ruin it. But if I had to pick, I would pick the Gone series by Michael Grant. This is hands down the best series I have ever read (only beating the Wayward Pines trilogy by a hair). But come to think of it, this one might be a better TV show especially since there are six books in the series.

8. One book you can't live without?

Now that I have read it, The Princess Bride by William Goldman. This one has become one of my favorite books of all time. I have it on my Kindle, but I intend to buy it in print. That doesn't happen very often.

9. You have three BBF (best book boyfriends) who do you kill, marry and have a one night stand with?

I LOVE this question! Okay so the one I would want to marry would be Westley from The Princess Bride by William Goldman. He obviously loves Buttercup with everything that he has and it would be pretty spectacular to be on the receiving end of that. For the one night stand, I would choose Sylvain from The Chocolate Thief by Laura Florand. He is way too arrogant to ever marry, but the sex scenes in that book were totally hot. I wouldn't mind having that just for a night. And I am sure he would feed me lots and lots of chocolate! For the one I want to kill, it would be Christian Grey from Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James. I just want him gone!

10.What book character would you friend zone?

Are we talking male or female? I guess it doesn't really matter. I would choose Lynn from Not A Drop To Drink by Mindy McGinnis. She is such a total bad ass. It takes a lot to earn her trust and respect, but once you have it, she is fiercely loyal. And I think it would be great if she could teach me how to shoot. 

I'm not really going to nominate anyone for this one. There are so many amazing bloggers that I follow! Feel free to answer any of the above questions in the comments below. Do you disagree with some of my choices?

6 comments :