Monday, July 27, 2015

Favorite Books Made Into Movies!

How do you usually feel when your favorite books are turned into movies?

I am usually so excited. I just love seeing my favorites turned into adaptations for the big screen. But then . . . I am (sometimes) quite disappointed.


Despite this disappointment, I still can't help getting excited when it happens. I am such an optimist!

Here are some adaptations that I am very excited to see.

1. Dark Places by Gillian Flynn
If you thought Gone Girl had a crazy twist, you haven't seen anything yet. The trailer for this one looks super awesome. Love Charlize Theron.



Scheduled Release Date: August 7, 2015 (I didn't realize this one would be out so soon. Yippee!!)

2. The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey
I love this series! I can hardly wait for the finale to come out next year. I am so excited for the casting for this one. Chloe Moretz has been cast as Cassie. I loved her in If I Stay.
Scheduled Release Date: January 29, 2016

3. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
Scheduled Release Date: March 4, 2016

4. Legend by Marie Lu
This one is still very new. CBS Films just acquired the movie rights for this one. I loved this series!
Scheduled Release Date: Unknown

5. Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews
So this one is already out apparently and this is the only book on the list that I haven't read yet. But I think the trailer has sucked me in. And I do feel I must read the book before seeing the movie. Has anyone else read this one? Tell me how it is!



6. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins (part 2)
This is probably one I am most excited about. It is also probably one of my favorite movie adaptations, with the exception of Princess Bride. I have loved every aspect of the movies. I really enjoy the fact that they have downplayed the whole love triangle thing.


Scheduled Release Date: November 20

7. Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell
This is another one that is brand new. Dream Works picked up the rights to this movie last year. This was my introduction to Rainbow Rowell and still my favorite of her books. So excited for this one!
Scheduled Release Date: Unknown


Are there any of these on this list you are excited about? How do you feel about your favorite books being made into movies?

14 comments :

  1. I am super excited for Dark Places - I really liked the book and I think the movie looks good. I read Me and Earl and the Dying Girl and was eh on it. I don't know if it's because I did the audio or not. But I think the movie looks really good so that is one I will totally watch. And Elanor and Park - Oh I hope they really do something with it!! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grace! Dark Places was such a good book and this trailer has me super excited for it. I actually saw a couple of reviews on Amazon for the book of Me and Earl and the Dying Girl. There were a couple of people who said the movie was actually better than the book. It's rare, but I guess it happens. I can't wait to see what they do with Eleanor and Park!

      Delete
  2. I didn't know about Eleanor & Park! Great news :) I still haven't read Me and Earl and the Dying Girl... Oh, but guess what? I just bought Two Boys Kissing yesterday! Can't wait to start it <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so great Ramona! I hope you love it. :)

      Delete
  3. I read Me & Earl, it was quirky. I wanted to read it before the movie. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kwizgiver. Typically I like to read the books first as well. I am glad you liked it. :)

      Delete
  4. Dark Places! I loved that book and what a dark book that was with a real twist! I can't wait to see that. Great post, thanks and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cindy! I loved that book so, so much and can't wait to see the movie version. The twist was AWESOME!!

      Delete
  5. I'm very excited for all of these adaptations as well!

    Yousra | Mystic Tales

    ReplyDelete
  6. WHAT?! How did I not know that The 5th Wave was coming out in January!? That is so exciting! I mean, the book was just okay for me, but I think it will lend itself well to a movie. And Legend!? No way! I need to be more up to date with my book-to-movie news!

    I really want to read AND see Me and Earl, but since it isn't in theaters anywhere close, I guess I have time. And obviously, Mockingjay. Though, I COULD use a little more romance ;)

    Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shannon, yes so many books being made into movies! The 5th Wave isn't my favorite series (that honor will forever be awarded to Hunger Games), but I have enjoyed it. I agree that it will make a great movie. So much action! And Me and Earl isn't playing near me right now either. I typically want to read the book before seeing the movie. Hopefully I have time to do that.

      Delete
  7. I actually liked the DUFF movie more than the book. I want to see the 5th Wave movie because I LOVED Ringer and Zero. I am excited to see Ringer on the big screen. She is one kick-ass girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lyn, I actually couldn't bring myself to watch the DUFF movie because they changed the plot so much. It became another thing where the girl gets a guy to "make her over" so she's "pretty." And usually, that just means removing her glasses and putting on makeup. And yes, Ringer is AWESOME in the book! I can't wait to see that movie!

      Delete