Monday, October 5, 2015

Big Bang Theory Tag!

So tell me . . . am I the only one who saves these tags when I see them and then posts them when I am short on blog post ideas? 

No?? I guess that's just me though.

Thank you so much to Book. Blog. Bake. for the idea. I actually thought it would be a great time for this tag anyway since Big Bang Theory just started its new season a few weeks ago. I just discovered how amazing this show is a year ago. I love it and I am so excited its back!
And now it's time for the Big Bang Theory Tag 

1. The Fish Night Light – a book that may have been rocking its crazy but was still kind of brilliant
Alice by Christina Henry
This retelling of Alice In Wonderland was beyond crazy; it was dark and terrifying. But it was also more than a little awesome.

2. The Hawking – the author that would be like your equivalent of Physics Genius meets Stephen Hawking
No question as to the answer to this one -- Courtney Summers is a freaking genius.

3. The Euclid Avenue – the book so full of bumps and (plot) holes that it proved annoying to read
Awake by Natasha Preston
Yeah, I am still not sure why I should care about the fact that this poor girl can't remember before the age of four. Guess what?? Neither can most people!! 

4. The Spock Napkin – the book for which you had low or moderate expectations, and then it was so beyond awesome that you wanted to hug it and love it and shout about it forever.
I bought Two Boys Kissing by David Levithan on a whim. A Book Riot article said it was good, Amazon had a sale, yada, yada, yada. I barely even knew what the premise was. But this was one of the most beautiful books I have read this year. I was sobbing at the end of it.
5. The Awkward Fanboy – the book that seems to follow you around the blogosphere, and you know you don’t want to read it but it won’t leave you alone
The Heir (The Selection #4) by Kiera Cass
I have seen so many reviews by my fellow bloggers for this one. But I only thought the entire series was just okay. I have zero interest in the latest installment.

6. The Classified Materials – the book with a spoiler so huge, when anyone asks, you just can’t even say because the spoiler is such a big part of it
We Were Liars by E. Lockhart
I can't even say what this one is about without giving too much away. 

7. The Jiminy – the book that gets mistaken most often for the wrong genre, and you’re constantly arguing for why it’s this other genre/subgenre
Ummm . . . I have nothing for this one. I just don't care about whether a book is in the "right" genre or not. Am I in the minority on that one?

8. The Adhesive Duck – the book that was all cute and cuddly and then WHAM YOUR FEELS AND OW AND YOUR HEART AND WHAT JUST HAPPENED
Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell
This book gave me ALL THE FEELS!!

9. The Zazzy – the book that’s got so much personality that it’s just ZAZZY and there’s no other word for it.
Oh yes, The Princess Bride will forever have a place in my heart. It is one of my favorite movies, but man that book . . . . so amazing!!

10. The Hot Troll – the book you thought would be beautiful and fabulous and then it turned out to be horrible and gross
Beautiful Girl by Fleur Philips
I don't know how beautiful I thought this book would be, but I certainly expected more than what I got. I could not think of a single positive thing about this book. Not one thing.

11. The Zarnecki – the book with an antagonist so evil/mean/disgusting that you’d drive many hours just to knee him/her in the … well you get it
An Untamed State by Roxane Gay
I would love to get my hands on the men who held Miri captive for three days. They did horrible, degrading, life-altering stuff. 


12. The Train Tour – the book with the development/ending/sunken ship/whatever that proved so upsetting, you contemplated running away forever so you didn’t have to deal with your feels
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
Numerous people warned me about the devastating ending, the narrator even foreshadows the ending. But still, I just couldn't deal with how heartbreaking it was. I am still not over it.

I don't really tag people in these posts, mainly because I know tags can equal pressure! I am just tagging whoever wants to do this tag. And feel free to answer any of these questions in the comments below. Are there any of these that you agree with?

8 comments :

  1. This is so cool! :P Lol, where do you come up with these ideas?! Happy Monday, Cynthia :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. just the cover alone for that alice book is creepy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lily, it is super creepy and twisted and dark. But man, it was good.

      Delete
  3. I HAD to go read your review of The Beautiful Girl. MAN that book sounds bad. I also cannot get over the HUGE deal about the girl from Awake not remembering stuff before age 4. Like oh no, call a doctor! Ah, We Were Liars. I did not like that book. Did you? I need to look up your review! I LOVE this tag, The Big Bang Theory is so fun!

    Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, Beautiful Girl was HORRID. I have never hated a book so much that I wished it didn't exist before. But yeah, that's how much I hated that one. I think I gave We Were Liars a bigger rating than it deserved because of the twist. I was very shocked and thought the reveal was pretty great. But I spend the first half of the book kind of hating the main character. I ended up liking it, but not loving it. I wouldn't really recommend it, that's for sure.

      Delete
  4. The Book Thief....that book needs to come with some therapy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Lyn, you are not kidding! That book was just all kinds of amazing and also all kinds of devastating.

      Delete