Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday - Favorite Underrated Books!

This is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. They feature a different top ten list every week. This week's topic is favorite underrated books. Underrated could mean a lot of things, but for this list, I went literal. This list includes books that have the fewest amount of ratings on Goodreads. All of them have fewer than 300 ratings and with the exception of one, all of them were read by me last year.


1. Little Cyclone: The Girl Who Started The Comet Line by Airey Neave - One of the characters from Kristin Hannah's The Nightingale (AMAZING book!!) was loosely based on this woman. Loved learning her story.

2. Forever and One Week (Spirits of Saoradh #2) by Caroline Cairn - Awesome romantic fantasy. 

3. The Radius of Us by Marie Marquardt - Maybe the low ratings on this one is because it is being released today. But I still added it because it was a wonderful read.

4. Speed of Life by J.M. Kelly - Moving story about twin sisters, one of whom has a child.

5. Break Me Like A Promise (Once Upon A Crime Family #2) by Tiffany Schmidt - I wasn't a huge fan of the first one in this series, but this one was really good.

6. For The Most Beautiful by Emily Hauser - Greek gods and a retelling of Homer's Iliad. What's not to love??

7. The V-Word: True Stories About First-Time Sex by Amber J. Keyser - This book was hilarious and moving and I adored it. If I had a daughter, I would really want her to read this one. I could relate to so many of the essays in this book.

8. Bad Boy by Elliot Wake - Not as good as his other books, but still an important look at a transgender person and what they have to go through (physically and emotionally) to change genders.

9. The Rains by Gregg Hurwitz - Such an exciting dystopian/zombie book. It was so unique and more people need to read it so that they will release a sequel!

10. Dismember by Daniel Pyle - This is the only book I did not read in the past year. I read it three years ago and it still haunts me. It's suspenseful and so thrilling.

11. Nora and Kettle (Paper Stars #1) by Lauren Nicolle Taylor - I am still blown away that this one hasn't received more reviews. It was one of my favorite books from last year. I desperately need the sequel to this one!

So tell me . . . have you read any of the books on this list? What are some of your favorite underrated books? Any recommendations?

4 comments :

  1. I have Nora & Kettle and need to get to it. You have me super interested in The Radius of Us after your review. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I added The Radius of Us after reading your review! I need to read Rains. Bah.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome list! I've heard of pretty much none of these, so it looks like I'll have to look some up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nora & Kettle, yayyyyy! I also need to read The Radius of Us, The Speed of Life, For the Most Beautiful, and The Rains, mostly because you said so. And now you have me SO curious about Break Me Like a Promise, even though I purposely broke up with that series. Mannnnnn. ;) Great list!

    ReplyDelete